Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Eggmobile - Maiden Voyage


We loaded them inside and parked it here in the middle of this pasture last night after dark (about 9:30). It's about 7:00am now and I haven't turned them loose yet. I think I'll string a section of poultry netting around the eggmobile to keep them close in this first day out. I'm affraid if I don't, they'll wander off because they don't really know this thing is their new home yet.The girls are all trying to figure out how to get out of this thing. They can see the grass underneath them through the wire floor but they can't figure out how to get to it.
Finally! The door is opened and one by one they start to venture out.
So far, so good.
I wonder if they will move clockwise or counterclockwise around it as they roam. I suppose clockwise since we're in the Northern hemisphere.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! We jut got our first eggmobile and kept the girls in until a couple of hours after dawn.. now 2 nights in a row they won't go back in and we've had to hand load all 300! Any ideas would sure be helpful. We put food and they ate in there during the day but at nightfall, they all leave.. beckwith@pobox.com Thank you!

    ReplyDelete